Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Organizing Craft Paper {Round One}

There are so many beautiful types and designs of scrapbooking paper these days. I love going to the craft store and flipping through the big pads of paper and looking at the colours and patterns, dreaming about actually finishing a scrapbook...

I digress. I have accumulated over the years quite a nice collection of paper that you can see in this jumbled mess. 
And here...
A nice pile of who knows what. Literally. I had no idea what kinds of paper I had, so when I scrapbooked I was going to the same pad of paper without realizing all the other beautiful patterns that I had.

So I pulled everything out of the craft room, grabbed my paper cutter to trim up the scraps, and turned on Downton Abbey, like any other person would do. Right? (Have you watched this show yet? If not, you should. It watches like reading a really, really good book where you get pulled in right away.) 
I went through the paper and sorted the pieces by colour. I have seen some organized systems where they are sorted by colour, pattern, and theme, but that is a little too much for me right now. I simply want to see what I have and be able to find it. 

I do have a large file folder that I have for the organized paper. I'm not really loving the army green folders, so I will be prettying those up somehow. 

That is as far as I got this week though. It turned out to be a busier than expected week and the paper is still sitting on my craft desk to be finished being organized. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to have some free time to get into that room and get a little more organizing done. 

You scrapbookers out there, how do you organize your paper? 

Happy weekend! 









2 comments:

  1. I just sorted all my paper too! I could not believe nor remember what I had. I could be snowed in for a month and would not need a piece of paper. I love the vertical paper storage system by Cropper Hopper. I picked it up at Jo Ann's with a 40% coupon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis the season I guess to get organizing! I have seen vertical storage systems and I think they are a great idea. Happy scrapbooking with your newly organized paper!

      Delete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...