Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Finding Your Style

This weekend I decided to get rid of my decorating magazine collection. I had flipped through a few magazines the week previous and realized I wasn't really interested in them anymore.

That being said, there were pictures in the magazines that I still loved. I decided to rip out the pictures that inspired me.
I started sticking the pictures on one of the walls in the playroom (which I can then look at as I play with Gavin or work on the couch with the laptop). After taking a step back, I realized that all the pictures had similarities or were pictures that I had "pinned" onto some of my home boards on Pinterest.
This is my 'real life' Pinterest board. They are pictures of light, bright spaces. Spaces that have pops of blue, green, pink, red and light yellow. Kitchens with white cabinets and butcher block counter tops. Children's rooms that have old maps hanging on the wall. Living rooms with lots of pillows and cozy details.

It got me thinking about my style and Pinterest.
Similarly to the piles of home decorating magazines that I collected over the years, Pinterest has allowed me to gather images that inspire me as I decorate our home. It has helped me find my style. Many of the little decorating touches in our home are from something that I have seen on Pinterest.
If you are buying a new home, thinking about your dorm room in the fall, or just trying to find your style for your home (or fashion as well!), look to Pinterest. Look at the pictures that you have been pinning. Are you pinning rooms with dark walls? Bright colours? Vintage or classic? Do you like wood floors or carpet?
I'm not talking about copying a picture item by item, but of making it your own. Your home is your home; whether that is a bedroom or a 2,000 square foot house.

Have fun finding your style!

How do you find your style? Are you a fan of Pinterest, or do you find inspiration through blogs (which is another great way to find what you like), or are a strict magazine reader?

(You can click here to follow me on Pinterest, or Melody or Faith)

Before you head over to Pinterest, we would love for you to 'like' us on Facebook or connect with us via RSS feed. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...